Ford Motor Company's strategic strides to emerge as a leading mobility company are paying off. Recent research by Auto Trader revealed that in the United Kingdom, Ford is ranked as the most desirable brand for motorists who are interested in the future of self-sufficient cars. Although full integration of autonomous cars into dealerships and roads is still on the horizon, the findings are indicative of Ford's current and future success.
As reported on TheSun.com, a UK news company, the results were derived from aggregated desirability ratings across 15 car manufacturers and tech companies. The selection aptly covers the majority of brands that have vocalized intent to deliver cars that are completely autonomous. Although 40 percent of the surveyed drivers suggested a lack of interest in driverless car technology, Ford emerged as the leading brand amongst the remaining 60 percent. Ford revealed its driverless Fusion prototype domestically in 2016, so there's sure to be more on tap - watch it in the video below:
According to Auto Trader's Editor-in-Chief, Jon Quirk, the takeaways from the research are a sign of what's soon to come.
“UK motorists picked Ford due to positive past experiences with the brand, which naturally led them to think positively about its delivery of cars in the future, despite drastic changes to how they will be built and, more importantly, used by motorists in the future,” he said. Learn more at Sound Ford in Seattle, Washington!